WE ARE OPEN FOR BUSINESS
OUR COMMITMENT TO OUR GUESTS, OWNERS AND EMPLOYEES
The health and safety of our guests, homeowners, and employees is our number one priority here at FLORIDA HOLIDAY HOMES and we have taken enhanced health and safety measures for our Guest.
An inherent risk of exposure to Covid-19 currently exist in any public place or lodging properties. COVID-19 is a extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizen and persons with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting one of our Vacation Rental Properties you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
This is a fast changing situation and we are working hard to continually stay current and reevaluate our Policies as needed.
Please refer to this page to learn more about our updated policies and procedures.
OSCEOLA COUNTY HAS BEEN APPROVED AND WE ARE OPEN FOR VACATION RENTALS!
Any person coming from a High-Infected Area, as defined by Florida Govenors Guidelines (see below) must reserve a minimums stay of 14 Nights and follow CDC Self-Quarantine Guidelines.
NO Events, Groups, Gatherings etc that exceed Maximum Occupancy, any persons not on the registration form will be evicted.
To minimize person-to-person contact, many of our homes are equipped with smart locks or lockboxes, letting you check in and check out without interfacing with staff.
We also offer a variety of standalone, Private Vacation Homes with No shared amenities.
Changing or cancelling an upcoming trip
While our mission is to provide guests with exceptional vacation experiences, we understand that many other important factors might affect your decision about where and when you travel.
Your quickest option is to get your full reservation cost as credit for a future stay. You can claim your credit and use it at any of our available homes when you’re ready to travel.
Stay in Now, Vacation Later:
If you need to cancel your upcoming reservation, you can receive a flexible credit and set yourself up for the future getaway you deserve.
Here’s how we’ll ensure you have an amazing vacation experience when you feel ready to travel:
- Receive 100% credit. Have a vacation in the bank with credit for 100% of your reservation cost
- Go anywhere. You’re free to use the credit at any of our available Vacation Homes, so you can re-book the trip you originally planned or visit somewhere new.
- Note: if the new reservation cost is higher, you’ll be asked to pay the difference.
- Take your time. You can redeem the credit for any new trip with a check-in date by September 30, 2021, after this time the credit amount is forfeited. All re-scheduled reservations are considered non-refundable.
We know it’s disappointing to cancel a long-awaited trip, but we can’t wait to host you when the time is right
If you have an existing reservation and your check-in date is after June 15, 2020 our standard cancellation policy is in place at this time if you do not wish to wish to receive the 100% future Travel Credit
Reservations made on a third-party site (such as Airbnb or Homeaway/Vrbo) may be subject to that channel’s terms and conditions if they differ from ours. Please check the site where you originally booked your trip.
HOUSE CLEANING AND WHAT WE ARE DOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE
Our Cleaning Companies clean and disinfect all hard surfaces of your Vacation Homes, including but no limited to floors, countertops, railings, sink faucets, appliances, door knobs and light switches. The quality of disinfectants our Cleaning Companies use is per EPA, effective against bacteria and viruses. Linens and towels are laundered at highest temperatures
In addition we will allow more time between each guests Stay as an additional precautionary measure, no same Day arrival until further notice.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO STAY HEALTHY DURING YOUR VISIT
While FLORIDA HOLIDAY HOMES has high standards of cleaning, some guests as an extra precaution may want to perform additional cleaning upon arrival, please provide your own Disinfectant. The CDC recommends all households consider cleaning and disinfecting “high-touch” surfaces daily in shared household areas (e.g. tables, hard-backed chairs, doorknobs, light switches, remotes, handles, desks, toilets, sinks).
According to the World Health Organization, here are key prevention measures:
- Washing your hands with soap and water regularly, and using hand sanitizer
- Covering your nose and mouth when sneezing with a tissue
- Avoiding contact with people who are unwell
- Not touching face, nose, and mouth when hands are not clean
- Minimizing physical contacts such as handshakes and hugs
- Opening windows to allow air circulation
- Disinfect frequently used items such as cellphones and laptops
WE ARE HERE TO ASSIST YOU
We are currently monitoring the situation with the Coronovirus (COVID-19). We understand the uncertainty of it all. Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions
STAY CALM AND BE PREPARED
Get your information from reliable and accurate sources such as:
Center for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/
Federal Emergency Management Agency: https://www.fema.gov/
State of Florida: https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/
Osceola County: https://www.osceola.org/covid19/
Polk County: https://www.polk-county.net/covid-19/
COVID-19 INFORMATION ON TRAVEL INSURANCE COVERAGE
Travel Insurance that has been purchased by guests reimburses the covered travelers for the following coronavirus related items:
- Sickness or death of a Family Member or Traveling Companion as defined in policy;
- Sickness or death of a non-traveling Family Member as defined in policy;
- Traveler or a Traveling Companion being Quarantined within ten (10) days of departure or during your trip as defined in the policy.
- Job loss as defined in policy.
We recommend that guests consider purchasing Play Travel CFAR where the guest can cancel for any reason and receive up to 60% of the booking deposit back. See https://insurestays.com/ptnw_cfar/ for details; note excluded states!
For Claims & Coverage Questions please contact:
Nationwide Claims & Coverage Questions:
- Within U.S./Canada: (833) 610-0736
- Outside U.S./Canada: (843) 494-5909